Friday, October 23, 2009

A Titanic Season Boys!

Good morning Tyler,

I haven't been up this early on a Friday in quite some time. As I sit in a lovely little cafe and enjoy my breakfast burrito and coffee (don't judge me), I can only think of one thing to blog about: where the hell did the Tennessee Titans go and who is wearing their uniforms on Sundays now? I mean seriously! 0-6? ZERO AND SIX?

Of course I guess it's only fair, this time last year we were 6-0 and were wondering, "Where the hell did the Tennessee Titans go and who is wearing their uniforms on Sundays now". But this time it just sucks. I wasn't terribly upset with the loss to the Steelers because technically we should have won and the overtime system in the NFL is a load of bullshit. Week 2, however, left me in complete shock. The Texans?! Is this a cruel joke? I was able to bounce back from that game because we do have the eventual slip up against them. I wasn't confident about the Jets game because I think Mark Sanchez is going to be a legendary quarterback and he's already proving me right. Then we had the Jaguars... I mean come on! It's the freaking Jacksonville Jaguars! They've dominated us like the jaguar population has dominated the greater Jacksonville metropolitan area! After that game, I am not ashamed to admit that my Titans jersey was stowed away in my under-the-bed-stow-away-device (I really wanted to say "stow away"). After 4 weeks of nothing but abysmal football playing, I honestly expected nothing from weeks 5 and 6 (Colts and Pats). And that's literally what I got from the Pats game... Nothing. Zero points scored.

At least for the first 5 weeks I was able to lightly push it off because the Chiefs still didn't have a win, but even they won! Now I can't even relate to my Chiefs friends, and I most certainly shall not associate with Rams fans. I refuse to drink that kool-aid. What surprises me even more is that the Washington Redskins head coach, Jim Zorn, is under more pressure from his general manager than any of our coaching staff for losing 4 games. At least you've won a couple games! Count your blessings Vinny Cerrato... COUNT THEM.

And so I go about my days here in Missouri, shyly admitting that I am a Titans fan. Last year? I was a proud Titans fan who could shove off any Rams fan's joke about the 34th Superbowl, but look at me now. Awake before noon and blogging in a cafe about the woes of being a sports fan from Nashville. The world is a cruel, cruel lover Tyler. And if there is one thing I want you to remember me saying, it is definitely that last sentence.


LenDale White, apparently in confusion, ran out onto the field yelling for the ball to be thrown to him. White showed up in full gear on a Thursday morning at the Indianapolis Colts's football stadium... This Sunday's game is in Nashville

1 comment:

  1. You have expressed through your writing exactly how I have felt during this obissmal season. Preach on, my brother. Preach on. However, there is still hope. Do you recall Mr. Vince Young's rookie season. The Titans were 0-5. Sir Vincent led our beloved Titans to a respectable 8-8 season, one game shy of a playoff birth.

    That probably won't happen this season, but do you remember?

    ReplyDelete