Monday, October 12, 2009

Spellingista!

Good morning, Clint.

You can always tell when I'm at work because I use correct capitalization and punctuation. Which brings me to this morning's thought.

During the course of creating the blog yesterday, I spell "mustachioed" several different ways before I discovered the correct spelling. I always thought that it was spelled "moustachioed" but that apparently would only be the case if Mickey had a mustache a la Snidely Whiplash.

...which would be awesome.

I bring this up, because I'm always upset to discover words that I can't spell. You see, I kind of pride myself on spelling very well. I can almost always spell a word just by hearing it and sound out a word that I see. Take your last name, for instance. It's very easy to both spell and sound out. Yet people can't seem to do it for the life of them. I actually impressed your sister when I first met her (that was, by the way, the last time that happened) by pronouncing your family name correctly. My kids (and let me just clear this up now that when I say kids, I mean students) are impressed by this as well. Ah the glories of whiteboard fame...anyway, I was just pondering my spelling skillz. Yes, I meant to do that.

SIDE TRACK! - Oo! Can we have a standing rule that any time one of us uses skills we have to spell it with a z? I mean, think about it...

Last thought for the morning before I stop procrastinating and go do some actual work...the new Avett Brothers album is very pleasant. I can't say I think they're an incredible band...because I don't think that. However, I do think it's a fun band. And Rick Rubin produced this record, which really only means he granted his beard magic to hip, formerly indie banjo music. So check it out...if you feel like it. <----Most passive recommendation EVER.

We need a sign off...




No comments:

Post a Comment