Monday, October 26, 2009

A Tie? What are we European?

Good evening Tyler,

I promise my next post will not pertain to sports, but this one most certainly does. From the look of your team's performance, you are probably not in the best of moods to talk about fantasy football (Jeff killed you). I don't know if you've checked the league scoreboard, but my game against my good friend Stephen (known in our fantasy league as STL Rolodexes) has come to a bit of a stalemate.



As you can see from the screen capture above... It's a dead tie. I was trailing by a solid 30 points this morning, but after tonight's Philadelphia/Washington game, we're at a standstill. Let's just say, both of us are less than pleased. I need this win to take a commanding lead in first place (with the win I will be 5-2). Steve needs the win because well... His team sucks (sorry man). Call me ignorant or call me Donovan McNabb, but can you actually tie in fantasy football? To me, it just seems counterproductive to the whole idea of winning. I understand it in soccer and cherish that sport, but in American football? We play for keeps. I suppose the predictions box was actually true this time:



Just for my own sake, I'm going to rub it in Steve's face that he could have easily won this game:



As you can see, Steve should have played Vernon Davis instead of Tony Gonzalez. If he had done that he would have destroyed my team yesterday! Shame Steve... Real shame.

I'm hoping that this situation will right itself tomorrow morning when final points are decided, but if this game turns out to be a tie, I am going to be thoroughly pissed.

2 comments:

  1. and this is why yahoo fantasy sports goes to the hundredths place in scoring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least it wasn't a bow tie! Wamp, wamp, waaaaamp!

    ReplyDelete