Sunday, October 11, 2009

The -ista Debate Rages On

Good evening Tyler,

It's interesting you should bring this up because I am a recovering "-ista" myself. Yes, I was once a slave to the man and his coffee addiction: I am a recovering Barista. This technically makes me an expert of the "bar", and I rocked. that. coffee. bar. Personally, I have no problem with the "-ista" suffix. I think it clarifies just how well-versed a person is in there specific field. Examples:

Person1: Just how good is this pilot?
Person2: Oh he's the best, he's an airplaneista.
Person1: Hm, I'll trust him with my life.

Person3: Now how good is the president at this whole running the country thing?
Person4: Oh he's the best, he's a presidentista.
Person3: Shame we didn't have one for the past 8 years...

See? It's a beautiful grammatical system that makes it clear to every man, woman and child just how qualified someone is to their title.

No comments:

Post a Comment