Monday, April 5, 2010

Time's Up, Let's Do This...

Good evening, Clint.

I figured that you would hate that question. I view the "what's your favorite time period of history" question the same way. Ah well...I like that image a lot though, so well done. Now for the important stuff.

Let me answer your question with another question: Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?


Sponge. Bob. Square. Pants.

That's right. I would rather watch nothing but Spongebob Squarepants (who shall be called SBSP for the remainder of the post) for an entire year than listen to nothing but Avril Lavigne for 8 months. This says two things about me: a. how much I hate Avril Lavigne and b. how much more I care about music than TV. I would so much rather be sitting listening to my favorite music and reading a book or sitting on the internet than watching TV. On the other hand, I also really enjoy TV. And I should probably begin the confessions by saying that I do, in fact, enjoy SBSP. I like the theme song (which you probably didn't look at even though I linked it) which is delightfully catchy. I think that the silly stupid humor reminds me of "Ren and Stimpy" which I thought was, again, silly and stupid. You know me pretty well and just trust me, SBSP is just my style. In case you were wondering what the whole deal is...check out the SBSP movie...on whose soundtrack you will find music by such hipstars as Wilco, the Flaming Lips, Motorhead, and, your favorite, Ween. So all in all, easy choice. Thanks for that one.

And now about your confessionals...

Sorry, not the dashboard kind...

I wasn't sure if you wanted me to confess as well...so I'll just comment on some of yours and maybe admit some as well...

Fiddler on the Roof is a great musical and I suggest that you do go and watch it at some point. If you don't care for musicals (and you don't seem like the kind that would) here's the wikipedia entry on the film version. I personally love it. But that leads to my first confession...I love musicals and show tunes. But is that really a surprise to anyone?

As for the saying...you know that your dad can't do that either. It's mildly hilarious. "When in Rome..."

I understand hating the whole youtube thing. I rarely do that when people suggest things for me. On a related note, I never listen to music that people suggest for me. I don't really know why, I just can't for some reason...I have some thing about finding it on my own.

I still know all the words to Backstreet Boys songs...never owned the cds, but I knew all the words. *sigh*

Lastly, I have never understood the standing in a huge line at a God-awful hour to spend an unbelievable amount of money. Whether it's concert tickets or Harry Potter or the Jesus phone, I'm just not that excited about anything. I mean I waited for a couple of YEARS for Modern Warfare 2, and I didn't go to the midnight release, I just bought it when I had a minute. So yeah...can't really agree with you there. (Yeah, yeah...I love video games...a little too much).

So let me know if you want me to take part in the embarrassment as well or whatever...also, I got a haircut that requires gel in its upkeep. Too much? I'll stop.

I realize that we have much to talk about, Clint. Let's do that.

Mr. Sulu...take us in.

No comments:

Post a Comment