Monday, January 25, 2010

Things that Suck

Hello Tyler,

I'm taking a short break from packing to write this (what I think to be pretty good) list of things that suck. Here goes:


Jay Leno - This one's a no-brainer. Granted, NBC really sucks and is the mastermind behind putting Conan O'Brien on the street, but I'm starting to think Leno sucks just as much as NBC. If Leno was a classy guy, he would step back from NBC's offer. The guy had his run on the Tonight Show, he knew about the switch for 5 years. He should have accepted the fact that his primetime suckfest for a television show tanked and that his stint on talk show hosting was over. But no, he had to work out some way to get back to the 11:35 slot. Conan is going to go on to do great things wherever he goes and Leno is going to be working the same job and, I guarantee, watch his ratings drop once again.


AT&T - Not only has the cell phone provider's coverage become extremely shotty, they've apparently stopped caring about their customers. I attempted to "suspend" my account with them so that when I return from Dublin I can switch my plan back on and keep my phone, number, plan etc. But no. I would have to continue paying my monthly bill, even though I would not be able to use any of the features I'm paying for without facing massive roaming charges. Sorry AT&T, I think you just lost a customer... Especially if Verizon is picking up the iPhone in the next few months.


Massachusetts - Yeah, I'm sorry Jeff and Raina, but Massachusetts sucks. Not only did you elect a Republican to replace Ted Kennedy's seat in the Senate, but you elected 1990s playboy Scott Brown to replace it. Sure your choice of candidates sucked, sure this was a rushed election... But between Martha Coakley and Scott Brown you chose... HIM? Sure he's only in office for another two years, but let's not forget that his election could very well destroy healthcare reform. Good thing you say? Do you enjoy your healthcare in Massachusetts? Like the rates you're paying? That's because your former governor Mitt Romney created the best government run healthcare plan out of any of the states and now 96% of your state is insured. Enjoy your healthcare, the rest of the country will be dying.


Supreme Court - That's right I said it! The Supreme Court sucks! On the 21st they blocked the ban on corporate spending toward election campaigns. So basically giant corporations and bankers can shoot as much money to their candidate of choice as they want, while you and I are writing 20 dollar checks every three months because that's all we can afford. Let's just hope we pick the right candidate. According to the Court majority, limiting how much corporations could spend on candidates was a First Amendment violation. Apparently the human right to free speech now applies to business entities. Supreme Court: right now, you suck.


Terrorists - And finally, if I haven't made it clear enough to our (very small) audience, I am studying abroad in Dublin. I leave in 2 days. My biggest concern right now? Not fitting everything into one suitcase. Not how much money I'll have over there. Not if I'm going to be kidnapped by Leprechauns and held for ransom. But if some jackass is going to light his fucking underwear on fire on my flight. Truly we live in a strange time. I don't think I need to expound any further... Terrorists suck, stay off my plane.

No comments:

Post a Comment