Monday, November 23, 2009

Things that Suck

Good afternoon Tyler,

As I sit on my couch in Nashville sick and feeling like death is only one more sneeze away, I can only think of one thing to talk about: THINGS THAT SUCK. Here's a well thought out and, I think, pretty damn good list.


The douchebags that sold the rights of Beatles songs to McDonalds and Target - I don't know who owned the rights to "Come Together" "All You Need Is Love" or "Hello Goodbye" when they were sold to McDonalds and Target but whoever made that decision should be drawn and quartered. The main beef I have is that they not only sold these beautiful pieces of music for advertisements; but they allowed the songs to then be rerecorded by generic sounding, cheap musicians who make the songs sound like the everyday 21st century pop music bullshit I try to escape as much as possible (usually by listening to the Beatles). The only commercial I have found featuring a Beatles song that I actually enjoy is a Nike commercial from 1987. It seems like Nike can do no wrong in the advertising department, and you know why? Cause they didn't have some cheap ass band cover the song. Here it is:



Broken zippers - I think this is a pretty standard thing that sucks. A broken zipper literally has no purpose whatsoever. It's incapable of performing the one job it has, and that's why a broken zipper sucks.


Parents who keep their kids on a leash - As much as I dislike children (they smell, they're loud, they punch you in the crotch), those parents that think a leash is the solution to their child's rambunctiousness are even worse. Are you so inept at taking care of your child that you must keep him/her/it on a leash? Like a dog? To all those leash babies out there, fear not you shall be free one day. Once we've solved world hunger and exiled Sarah Palin to the Arctic.


Joe the Plumber - Just to continue my attack on the idiots of America: Joe the Plumber, you suck. I don't think there was a more incompetent person involved in the McCain campaign than you. Wait, I take that back... Somehow I had forgotten about Palin. But seriously man! You started off great, you were very modest and private about what you thought and didn't want to be in the spotlight. Then you got cocky. Campaigning for McCain? I'm pretty sure his strategy for understanding politics was like the above picture. Sitting in a room by himself watching Fox News. Then after the election, you took a job as a "reporter" with a highly conservative online news magazine and accepted a MISSILE from an Israeli leader? Are you really so dense? Yes, and that's why you suck. To further my point, here's Jon Stewart's take:
The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Joe the Political Strategist
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show
Full Episodes
Political HumorHealth Care Crisis

No comments:

Post a Comment