Monday, November 9, 2009

Things that Suck

Good afternoon Tyler,

I'm glad we decided that this should be a weekly post, cause I've got one DOOZY of a post for you. Let's just cut to the chase yeah? Things that suck, list #2:


People that abuse social networking sites - Not to name any specific persons, but I have several in mind as I type this (Not you Austin). Let's just take a step back and look at what the Internet has become: a user-based, self-gratifying, orgy of pixels fashioned out to look like real life. The problem is that a lot of people don't realize that the Internet is not real life. Side note: do you have a problem with 'Internet' officially being a capitalized word, but 'real life' not? The people that abuse social networking sites don't see the line between reality and virtual reality. I'll admit, I will engage in political/social debates on Facebook and/or Twitter, but I typically try to avoid starting political/social debates. Everyone has an opinion and everyone's opinion can be easily misconstrued via text, and obviously inflection cannot be communicated properly. Sure, post articles, state your opinion there, that's more justifiable (Glenn that was me defending you), but the moment you say something completely irrational and unsupported you're asking for trouble. And that's why you suck.


24 hour broadcast news stations - Now, I'm not knocking local news reporters or all broadcast journalists... But I am knocking CNN, MSNBC and Fox News. By now, you should know my extreme hatred for everything Fox News, but that hatred is (almost) just as strong for CNN and MSNBC. I'll admit right now, I enjoy the liberal ramblings of Keith Olbermann and Rachel Maddow (secret lesbian love of my life), but the other 22 hours of television that MSNBC provides is absolutely disgusting. Take the "balloon boy" scandal for instance. The MSNBC reporters were claiming that the family was "weird" because they believed in UFOs and utilized psychics. That's called libel. That reporter was also reporting the incident with a complete bias by saying that. It's unfair to that family (though they are complete assholes also) and it's bad journalism. And CNN? If there were ever a newsroom full of melodramatic megalomaniacs, CNN would be the definition. Holy shit they suck.


Those FreeCreditReport.com guys - I detest violence and hate guns more than CNN, but God help me, if I had a gun I would murder those three guys. It's not only that the songs are annoying and they are the ugliest human beings on the face of the planet, but it's that the commercials are so poorly edited. Because I can immediately tell the commercial was horribly edited, I hate them more (not the editor, he can live). They suck and I dare you to challenge me.


Biff Tannen - This time traveling bully will not give Marty McFly a break! Gah! He was a bully to Marty's dad, a bully to Marty, and even a bully to Marty's kids! What gives Tannen? Probably just bad genes. All I know is this guy should make like a tree and get outta here!

3 comments:

  1. Don't know who Biff Tannen is, but he looks terrifying.
    Your post makes me question whether I abuse social networks, and that's just an uncomfortable feeling.
    CNN is the saddest excuse for journalism on television. I may hate them more than Fox. The content on Fox is ideolgically infuriating, more so than CNN, but the latter is so pathetic in its presentation and continued claims of legitimacy.

    Also, not eating a cheeseburger right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVED THE BTF REFERENCE! I do hate Biff Tannen... Except for when he does stand up comedy at Deja Vu here in Columbia! HILARIOUS!

    But yeah, not to mention his ancestors were knockin' on Marty's ancestors back in 1885.

    Freakin' A! Give it a rest Biff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also like how you do this post on Mondays... Because Mondays suck.

    ReplyDelete