Thursday, November 26, 2009

Spare the Rod, Spoil the Turkey

Good morning Tyler,


Happy Thanksgiving! Today, we celebrate my favorite holiday. That's right, I said it... Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. Now I've had people tell me that Christmas is better because you get the same amount of food and whatnot PLUS presents. I, however, think that though Christmas is a wonderful holiday and tons of fun, the presents are too much of a distraction. Thanksgiving is about eating food, drinking wine, and watching American football. I mean. What holiday is better than that? The food just doesn't taste as good on Christmas cause there is so much else going on, but with Thanksgiving the main event is the food. As we both know, I love food, and my family is particularly good at eating food and drinking wine. My favorite part of the meal is dad's signature smoked lamb. It gets better every year.

And let us not forget the history behind Thanksgiving. When the people with the funny hats gave the tan people with the feathers a bunch of blankets and everyone was happy (and/or dead)! Truly a wonderful time in our American history and something we should always commemorate by eating exorbitant amounts of food.

No comments:

Post a Comment