Tuesday, March 30, 2010

in which I discuss traveling and my apparent laziness...

Good afternoon, Clint.

I accept my punishment. But four times in three days? REALLY!? You better hope you don't forget to post...cause I will destroy you. WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND, ALWAHAB! Yeah, I'll tone it down.

I've been traveling a lot lately and so it has been on my mind. It concerns me a lot. Actually, concerned is probably not the correct word, but I've been thinking about it a lot lately. There are a couple of reasons why I'm uncomfortable with traveling...so let's explore my irrational ridiculousness.

First, I just don't like flying. I realize that this is a stupid thing for me to not like. My brother is a pilot. It takes less time and is safer than driving. I can sit and read or listen to my music. It's really the only kind of transportation that makes sense if you're trying to get anywhere in the world. However, here are my issues. Airport security is annoying. Shoes off? Awesome. Belt too? Sure. Oh...my wallet? Keys? Take out the laptop? Wait...why did I bother packing or dressing? Yes...I do tolerate this to make sure that I survive the flight, and I am impressed with the streamlining that has been done. It's still annoying. Planes are also unpredictable. They just drop, bump, or whatever. It's always unsettling. This probably comes from my lack of control over the aircraft. But still. Good things about flying? I dunno...I always get excited about it. It's an event. And there's just nothing quite like coming off the plane to see people you know waiting for you.

Ya know...just like the press was waiting for President Ford. (Sorry, I had to.)

Second, traveling is just uncomfortable. It throws off my schedules...ya know: eating, sleeping...among other things. I just feel uncomfortable constantly. It's not really that horrible, but I just get thrown off. Take for instance the trip I recently took to Vegas and Utah. First of all, I'm two hours behind what I normally am...which doesn't sound like much, but it just is! I hit the ground running and it was a total blast. However, I ate at weird hours like 2 pm or 7 pm...went to bed at like 4 am central time...you can see how that would make me feel uncomfortable.

Now, I really do enjoy traveling. I get to see really cool stuff and often meet really cool people. But sometimes, I'd just rather be sitting on the couch playing video games or just letting myself slip into unconsciousness while watching Futurama. Ah well...

So one last parting shot this entry. I'm reviewing for a test with my kids and this was a great exchange:
Me: "Define communism"
Kid: "OBAMA!"

Deuces.

No comments:

Post a Comment