Thursday, May 6, 2010

Things that Suck

Good afternoon Tyler,

I'll be back in the States in 7 days and I'm not going to lie to you: I'm scared. Not of flying or the Double Down, but of America. What the balls is going on over there?! Floods, oil spills, Arizona hates everyone, Justin Bieber, car bombs (what are you Belfast?), Keystone Lite. I literally don't know where to stop!

This week's list of things that suck isn't entirely about America though... I just wanted to let you know the reason why I'll be shaking uncontrollably and screaming at the traffic driving on the right side. I'm scared Tyler. I'm scared. In the meantime, here's a list of things that suck:


Those people on Facebook that comment on fan page posts - Obviously I don't mean our fans on Facebook, I love them and can't get enough of them (Seriously, invite more of your friends). I'm talking about the people that comment on the iTunes posts or the other big companies/news agencies posts. There are two types: 1) the dude that writes "first" like 2 seconds after the post has been made, and 2) the person that tries to actually comment on the subject as if they will become friends with Ryan Adams. Both of these kinds of people suck. Big time. Who the hell cares that you were the first to comment on a wall post? Seriously, how depressed and friendless do you have to be to sit around and write "first"? And the other person that leaves actual comments is just as sad and friendless.


People that misspell "ridiculous" - It's not REdiculous, it's RIdiculous. You can't repeat diculous. You can't go back and diculous again. Learn to write you morons.*


TeaPartyers who get offended at the term "teabaggers" - I read that the Tea Party Confederacy - I mean Nation - are asking that Obama apologize for calling them "teabaggers" in an interview last year. As long as that gaggle of angry white people are marching on Washington and calling everyone a Communist and shouting racial slurs at black senators, I'll stick with "teabagger".


Governor Jan Brewer - The Arizona governor that just signed Jim Crowe 2.0 into law in her state. I don't care what side of the aisle you're on, I don't care what skin color you are, I don't care how broken the immigration system is: racism is not the answer. And this law is stitched together with racism. It's not a solution, it is another problem added to the list.


Eyjafjallajokull - I didn't just sneeze on my keyboard. I'm talking about the Icelandic volcano that has been spewing ash for the past few weeks. It's still causing problems here in Ireland and Scotland. I'm gonna be uber-pissed if my flight gets canceled because of a damn volcano 800 miles away.


Canadians - Let's face it, they're just piggybacking on the coolest big brother in the world.

*I realize that the picture for "ridiculous" is a bit random, but I couldn't find any pictures related to the Harry Potter spell "ridikulus"... So I found that lolcat.

No comments:

Post a Comment